Saturday, November 9, 2013

Guest Q&A Jackson Paul Baer with Earth Bleeds Red!





Q: First of all, let's start with the good stuff. Everyone loves a good publication story. Tell us yours!
 
A: I signed with Pandamoon Publishing after a #pitmad event on Twitter. I actually received interest from two lit agents and another small publishing company from that event. After querying for about a month, I signed with Pandamoon due to their marketing plan and vision for "The Earth Bleeds Red."
 
Q: What was the biggest obstacle you, personally, encountered as a writer?
 
A: The biggest obstacle is finding the time to write. I work full time and go to school full time. I'm also married with four kids. If I could only find a few more hours in the day...
 
Q: And the biggest strength you had?
 
A: My biggest strength has been a supportive wife and family. My oldest daughter loves to listen to my ideas and read my books as soon as I let her. It's nice to have the people that love you, take an interest in what you care about.
 
Q: You've listed some illustrious inspiration! As a person with degrees in both literature and creative writing, I love to get all nerdy about specific literary influences. How did each of the authors you listed as inspiration influence your work? Technically? Personally? Inspirationally?
 
A: My favorite author is Joyce Carol Oates. Her novel, "Them," is the best book I've ever read. It influenced me as a reader, a writer, and a person. It helped me to write with a degree of heartache that we all secretly hope to read about.
 
Q: A thriller releasing on Halloween! That's an exciting promise for your readers. What do you feel readers can most look forward to from your book? What makes it unique? What's going to keep me up reading and then keep me up because if I close my eyes SOMETHING WILL COME OUT OF
THE DARK AND GET ME?!
 
A: "The Earth Bleeds Red" is a literary suspense. It will force you to question why bad things happen to good people. A perfect family has lost their only daughter, and a serial killer is on the loose. I think you will find yourself on a bit of an emotional roller coasting- hoping that justice is somewhere to be found.

Scott and Jessie are a couple in love. Ashley, their only daughter, is 17-years old and has vanished; leaving behind nothing but a pool of blood. Her strange disappearance is quickly thought to be a homicide. Her cozy, northwest town is stunned when police find the body of another girl at the bottom of the Willamette River. The eerie signature found on the girl links to a monster dubbed the Hail Mary Killer. While Scott searches for Ashley, the FBI feels convinced that she is the killer’s latest victim.

In spite of three other bodies with the same distinct marking, no one prepared themselves for the discovery in southern Oregon. Local hikers stumble upon a car in the mountain brush and a tattooing needle with an evil history surfaces inside. A cabin appears nearby with another gruesome discovery. Scott finds some solace in his friendship with Father Henry as he and Jessie try to salvage their marriage and move on beyond the loss of Ashley. The FBI finally catches a break when they unearth the dark past of the Hail Mary Killer’s family. What emerged in his basement is more terrifying than anyone could have possibly imagined.
What happens to the Miller family and Father Henry will shake your soul and keep you reading till the last page.


Links:
Website: www.jacksonpaulbaer.com
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/JacksonPaulBaer
Twitter: http://twitter.com/JacksonPaulBaer
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/JacksonPaulBaer
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Baer/e/B0060BDIM0


Author Bio:
http://jacksonpaulbaer.com/about-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment